Batch is calibrated for a 9x13" baking dish
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease pan.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.