Batch is calibrated for a 9x13" baking dish
- 2 cans tomatoes (whole, diced or crushed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 box (375g) spaghetti
- 6-8 slices mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil for the pasta, cook for 6-8 mins, should not be completely done.
- Place oil in pan, and add garlic, sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Pulse tomatoes in can with stick blender (or use food processor).
- Add tomatoes, basil and oregano to the pan and simmer.
- Add pasta to the sauce and combine.
- break up 1/4 of the cheese into pieces and mix in with the pasta.
- Put the pasta in a baking dish and lay the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until bubbly.