- 1 pound beef chuck roast or steaks
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 500ml beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package egg noodles
- Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long.
- Season beef with salt and toss with dry mustard and flour to coat
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the beef strips.
- Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Add salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serve with sour cream over noodles